Friday 23 November 2012

what a pain

This morning I had an appointment at the acupuncture clinic.  There was no pain there though.  It's hard to put into words but I do find it very relaxing.  Penny and I have a chat for half an hour or so beforehand and I do think that helps too - it's good to talk.  Afterwards I feel quite chillaxed (chilled-out and relaxed) and quite often sit in the car for a while and watch the world go by.

Then I have to snap out of it and get on with things.  'Things' today included a trip into town for some Christmas shopping.  I have just started my shopping over the last week or so, ordering a few bits and pieces online but now feel that the big day is approaching at an alarming rate I really must get into the shops and get stuck in.

My, oh my, what a pain it was though.  It was so busy and the queues were awful.  I went into M&S for some sandwiches for a 'quick' lunch but queued for about 20 minutes.  Am I the only one that avoids the self-serve check-outs?  I really don't like them at all - I think it's like doing someone out of a job and I like interacting with a 'real' person.  I sound so grumpy don't I?  I told you it was a stressful shopping trip!  I did manage to get everything on my list but I don't think I'll head into town on a Friday afternoon again.  I wonder which is the best (quietest) day to go in - I want to avoid those queues!

No comments:

Post a Comment