Wednesday 21 November 2012

fading flowers

There is still a bit of colour in the garden - all faded and past it's best but still hanging on in there.

faded pink hydrangea





red geraniums and verbena


blue campanula

orange gerbera

















































































My friend Helen bought me this potted plant for my birthday at the end of September and it has flowered non-stop, I think we're now onto flowers 3 and 4 and I can already see flower 5 sprouting.  I am amazed (and delighted) that I have managed to keep it alive and looking so good.  I don't buy indoor plants anymore because I just don't have the knack, I either parch them dry or drown them in kindness. Gerbera's are my one and only success.  I may have to get more - I know they come in some fantastically jewelled colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment