Saturday 22 September 2012

antique centre

It's been ages since I last had a trip to our local antiques centre.  I usually go for a browse but end up buying an item of furniture.  Last time I bought a huge 5-door pine wardrobe and had to redecorate my bedroom and move all of my furniture around to accommodate it.  I really don't have any more room in my house for any furniture no matter how nice it is!  

This antique centre is huge.  It can take a couple of hours to browse around all the stalls.  It doesn't just have 'proper' antiques, it has a great selection of vintage finds and a load of old junk!  




The photo's were taken on my phone so they are not the sharpest.









I bought this picture.  Not an antique but an original watercolour.  I re-framed it to hang in my living room.



I was on the lookout for an ornate mirror to hang on my bedroom wall.  I did see one I liked for £97 but wasn't convinced it was worth it so I carried on looking and found this one.



Again not antique, but with a price tag of £24 and a makeover with some eggshell paint, it fits the bill nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment