Saturday 16 June 2012

Photo 16: out and about




Surprise, surprise.  It's raining, it's pouring.  Again!

MissG and I donned out rain coats and headed out and about.

We went to Ulverston today.  The statue above is of Laurel and Hardy - Stan Laurel came from Ulverston, you know?   

Ulverston is only a half hour drive from our house but I have never been into the town before.  I'm sure it's a lovely little town on a nice day but today the rain was so heavy that we sat in the car for 10 minutes deliberating - should we brave the rain or not?

We did brave it and went to 'Crafts, Collectables and Cupcakes' in the town hall.  I bought a glass perfume bottle and two framed butterflies ( I plan to reframe them to go on my living room wall).

We then headed to Grange-over-Sands where we sat in a cosy cafe to warm us through - we had a really tasty lunch.

We walked though the park (in the rain)

There's a super little garden centre at Grange so I bought a couple of climbing hydrangea for my back garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment