Tuesday 7 June 2011

jenny eclair

Another trip out with my friends from the book club.  This time to see Jenny Eclair at the Grand Theatre in Lancaster.  She is doing her 'Old Dog, New Tricks' tour this year so if she's going to be at a theatre near you then do go and see her if you can.


She was fantastique!  I have not laughed so much in years - my cheeks were aching when we got out of the theatre and I realised that I hadn't straightened my face in more than two hours.  She was very rude but very, very funny.  A really great girls night out!

We have no other jaunts planned as yet but we are meeting up this week so we'll probably discuss any gigs/shows that are coming in the next few months.

We are meeting up to discuss our most recent book which was chosen by Jan.  The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery.  I can't say it was the most enjoyable read but I like to stick with a book and give it a chance and I'm glad I did because the last few chapters got interesting!  I can't say it's one I would recommend to a friend though.  I'll have to wait until Thursday night to find out what the others thought of it - maybe they loved it.


I think it's quite difficult to chose a book that appeals to everyone - that's certainly been the case so far.  A book one person loves another really dislikes or finds difficult to get into.  It's my turn to select a book for Thursday night and I've tried to be quite relaxed about my choice - I haven't read lots of reviews on Amazon or tried to chose a book that makes me look intellectual!  I did threaten to take a Mills and Boon!

I'll let you know how it goes.  Maybe I'll be banished from the Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment