Thursday 16 June 2011

busy, busy, busy

Well this week has been busy, busy, busy.  Started off with a blood test first thing on Monday morning because after going to the Doc with an unrelated swollen foot it was discovered that I have an over-active thyroid!  Not knowing what the thyroid is or what it does I went online and did some research and found that all the symptoms that I have are down to the thyroid and not down to me going mad!  The irritability, the over anxiousness, the unexpected mood swings, the increased heart rate and palpitations.  It's funny (or not so funny really) that the two symptoms that I don't have are the ones that are preferable to the ones above!  These include: an increase in energy (I wish) and a loss of weight despite an apparent increase of appetite (I wish.  Losing a couple of stone would be OK with me!)  So... I have to have regular blood tests and take lots of little pills until my thyroid calms down and does what it's supposed to do.

Now on a cheerier note look what I treated myself to on Tuesday...


I spent the day ferrying my children around so I though I deserved a treat.  (I know I've just told you that I need to lose 2 stone but....).  Little MissG is still in school full time but the boys are on exam leave and only have to go into school to sit their exams.  Son1 is at a school that is 8 miles in one direction and Son2 is at a school 8 miles in the opposite direction so  I spent most of the day in the car dropping off and picking up.  I'm sure you agree that I deserved that treat!

I have started decorating my living room this week so haven't had the time to do any crafty things.  I did buy some cardboard letters ready to decoupage and some lovely paper to make cards.  I'll let you see them when I finish them - hopefully soon as I'm really looking forward to having a go with cards as it's not something I've done before.


I have decoupaged lots of letters before - they make lovely presents.  Here's a photo of the ones I made for myself to put on my kitchen dresser.


I did manage to finish my rug last night.  I said that I was going to try to get it done at the weekend so I'm just a couple of days over!  I would like to sew some canvas to the back so help protect the loops of wool before I put it in my summerhouse.

I've taken some photos with my camera on my new phone but I am struggling to get them onto the computer.  My hubby did say I should get an iPhone so that it would be compatible with our computers both at home and work but I felt that I couldn't justify the expense as I really don't use my mobile much at all.  I chose a phone that has email so that I'll be able to send my photos to my computer but I'm unable to get the blinking thing to work!   That's another task to add to the list.  

What did I tell you - busy, busy, busy!





No comments:

Post a Comment