Wednesday 18 April 2012

hospital visit

On Monday I had to go into hospital for an endoscopy (camera down my throat) and a colonoscopy (camera up the unmentionable!).

I made the mistake of 'googling' the procedure at the weekend and it really wasn't a good idea! I am one of those people who like to read up about things so that I am aware of what's going on and then I'm able to make informed choices.  In this case I really shouldn't have - I read a few 'horror' stories about people feeling quite traumatised about the whole experience.

My sister spent the day with me so we laughed and chatted all day.  By the time I got to the hospital I just wanted to get it over with and didn't really feel nervous.   

I would like to say that the team at Royal Lancaster Infirmary were wonderful.  In at 3pm, out at 6pm and then off to Macky D's for a burger!  I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast on Sunday morning so it went down very well - it tasted so good.


When I got home MrG and MissG had been shopping for some pretty flowers and some 'soothing' English Lakes ice-cream - so lovely and soothing and delicious!  My throat was quite tender so the lovely 'soothing' ice-cream went down a treat.





No comments:

Post a Comment