Tuesday 10 April 2012

boot sale buys

Believe it or not I had only ever been to one car boot sale prior to the one I went to on Sunday.  The first one I went to was quite a few years ago and I wasn't really that impressed - there was so much tat.  I know that there are bargains to be had because I read many blogs that show off their wonderful buys - lots of vintage pieces, beautiful crockery, jugs etc - just the sort of things that I would love to find.

There is a local car boot sale held every weekend during the spring and summer months and I thought I'd check it out.  I came home with a couple of 'projects' to add to all the other 'projects' that I have stock piled in my garage!

This lovely wooden tray - not quite sure what I plan for this yet.  I could paint it and mount it on the wall as shelves or I could line the drawers with patterned paper and use as storage in my craft room.
  

I was able to use the tray to carry home some new plants for the garden



Luckily MrG came with me because I also bought this mirror for my dressing table.  I know it doesn't look like a 'project' but you should see the paintwork close up - shabby but not in a chic way!


I think my purchases this weekend have kick-started my interest in car boot sales - perhaps now I will be tempted to check my local one out on a more regular basis.  In amongst the tat there are some rather more tasteful things!

No comments:

Post a Comment