As I'm now 15 weeks into the '52 weeks of happy' I thought I should link back to Jen at Little Birdie where the idea originated - the idea to record four things per week that have made you happy. I started 15 weeks ago at the beginning of January but you can join in anytime.
the happiest people don't have the best of everything
- they just make the best of everything
1. This week we had some brilliant news about our house. I'm a bit of a pessimist (I wish I wasn't, but I am) and so although I want to tell the world about the good news I almost don't want to mention it just in case in all goes belly-up. You know when people say 'if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is' well that's kind of how I feel. I'll whisper it to you then maybe I won't tempt fate (I know I sound like a complete wuss).
Whisper - Our house went up for sale on 6th April and by the 10th we had an offer from a cash buyer. The next day we received an offer of the full asking price from a lady with nothing to sell and keen to move in as soon as possible. Oh my goodness me!
And if that wasn't enough to throw me into a flap of nervous energy then listen to this...
Whisper - We went for a second viewing to a house that I so, so want to live in. I shed a little tear (privately) at the first viewing because it's just so 'me' and I can imagine us living there. Anyway we had a second viewing (no tears this time because I had my practical head on) and the next day our offer was accepted. Oh my goodness me! Deep breaths and count to ten.
After the initial excitement on Saturday I am now feeling anxious. It's now all in the hands of estate agents, surveyors and solicitors so we're just playing the waiting game.
A quiet moment of contemplation. Tea and a lemon & poppy seed muffin (helps settle the nerves).
2. It was my Papa's 79th birthday this week so my sister and I took him out for the day.
3. My sis came to stay overnight and we went out to the cinema to see Identity Thief - it was such a laugh. MissG and her friend were there too (not sitting with us as they're far to cool) and she glanced over just as I was dancing to the closing track - she was so embarrassed! Sis and I laughed so much.
4. A colourful cupcake - a treat from my niece, Robyn.