Monday 24 October 2011

craft fair

After a fretful week visiting our poorly Mum in hospital, my sister and I took ourselves off to visit a local Craft Fair and boy oh boy did we enjoy ourselves!  It wasn't at all as I had expected.  I recently went to a Craft Fair to find I was the only member of the public there - I really felt for the stall-holders and really hope that it got busier later in the day!  

Anyway this one was a thrive of activity - the place was packed with stalls and stalls of wonderful crafty things and lots of people taking the opportunity to start their Christmas shopping!  Of course, seeing so many beautiful things that had been lovingly made by hand I just had to treat myself to a few little lovelies...

I have a thing about throws and blankets.  My Grandfather worked in a woolen mill and the smell and feel of a wool blanket takes me back to the days when we visited him at the mill.
I think I'm going to make the blanket into cushion covers for my living room.  I feel bad cutting it up but I'm sure the finished results will ease my conscience.  I so wish I had bought a green one too.





The lady that made this picture had the best stall of all.  She had lots of wonderful things - I could have taken one of each item!  She made the appliqued pictures using both machine and hand sewing and her husband made the oak frames.  A very talented team!


I just happened to be looking for an 'owl' related birthday gift for a friend (she's  really into owls for some reason) so this cute little owl tea-light was perfect.

 


and I couldn't resist this little ceramic button for myself.  I'm going to make a felt flower corsage and use this button as the centre


I also started my Christmas shopping.  I won't name the recipient of each gift just in case they happen to read this blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment