Saturday 1 February 2014

Copious Crochet

Whilst hibernating over the winter months I have been crocheting away on various projects.

Wooly winter scarves...



My first ever baby blanket...

This sat unfinished until it was revealed that my niece is expecting a little boy so I was able to finish the edging in blue.  Her second son is due at the end of May.




A cotton yarn bowl...

This wool was found in the back of a cupboard when my Dad was having a clear out.  My Mum was a keen knitter and had quite a stash of yarns - that I have now inherited.  I can't knit and I'm relatively new to crocheting so I haven't experimented with different yarns.  This cotton yarn was much thicker than anything I have worked with before and I had to buy a size 10 crochet hook.  It did make for a very quick project.


Tin Covers
Like many others, I have been totally inspired by Lucy at Attic 24.  Theses tuna tin covers make pretty little plant pots for the mini daffodils - a bargain buy at 99p from Morrison's.

And my new WIP is a throw for my living room.  Lovely, soft wool in muted colours.  This is a big project so I'll probably be working on it through the year and hopefully have it finished in time for next winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment