Saturday 31 August 2013

August Anniversary

MrG and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary with a trip to Cheshire.  We headed down that way to see the Decorative Home & Salvage Fair at the Cheshire Showground.

It wasn't at all like August weather - it was cold, grey and blustery.  I think the weather must have put the crowds off because it wasn't nearly as busy as I expected, which was quite good for us as it meant we could get into the tents and up to the stalls to see everything.  I didn't take many photos as I thought.

We decided to make the most of our trip away and so we stayed for the weekend at the Pickmere Country Guest House


We popped into Knutsford and had THE most fantastic Chinese meal at ManZen


The weather was much warmer and brighter on the Sunday so we headed to Arley Hall and Gardens. I took looaads of photos...

As we didn't have a summer holiday this year due to the house move we really did appreciate this short break.  I'd love to try to squeeze in another soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment