Thursday 26 January 2012

january blues

Well, it's actually much worse than the January blues.

I've had the most awful January imaginable. My Mum passed away on Friday 13th January. It has left me feeling totally shell-shocked and I alternate between crying my eyes out to feeling numb. It really is the most awful feeling.

My Mum hadn't been ill for long, in fact her condition was only diagnosed on 14th November. She died just two months later. One month after her 67th Birthday.

Mum spent her last two weeks at the hospital. As she was very poorly she had her own room and our family were able to visit any time. My sister and I were also able to stay with her overnight. The nursing staff were wonderful and never made us feel that we were in the way - they have my heartfelt thanks and admiration for caring for Mum so well. It has really helped us deal with Mum's death as we can take comfort in knowing that we were there for her whenever she needed us. We spent some special moments together in the hospital and I will always be grateful that we were able to stay with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment